It promises of a world so miraculous…
But its sweet pain, oh, so torturous.
Just as a cowbird, so so fickle..
Every heart, it loves to tickle.
Love, oh this Love, it does wander..
Fidelity, it does squander.
But the true love does not abscond..
To a special someone, it does respond
The true love is so exclusive
Ah, but true love so so elusive!!
It was difficult for me…this use of five words and so I am late. But I hope I did justice to the prompt for day 20. The words that I used are miraculous, cowbird, squander, abscond and elusive.
A pile of dried grass and a sprig of hedge,
on my first floor window ledge.
As April heat coaxes a rest,
You choose my house for your nest.
And my silent loneliness so bitter…
Is shattered by your happy chatter.
So come, O little squirrel..
Stay with me, be my pal.
Now no need to roam..
You are here, Welcome Home!
Today’s optional prompt was to write a poem of greeting. I hope this one is right.
The foot print on the white sand,
my heel sinks.
The castle I built on the white sand,
its sand again.
The little white crabs,
clambering to meet the wave,
An empty patterned shell,
I wanted for my sill,
Like seething soldiers
the frothy waves tug and pull
and just wipe away..
The inky blue now scares me…
Its time for me to walk away!!
Today nothing really inspired me to write a poem and so I took refuge in the prompt of the day. The prompt at NaPoWriMo 2013 is to write something based on observations during a walk. It is 11:00 p.m of April 13 th in India now and I am going to be very busy the next morning. I could come up with this poem at this hour ….hope it is fitting for the challenge today.
- Day 13: Fresh Saturday (NaPoWriMo) (irisewithmyredhair.wordpress.com)
- Poem Day 12: Honestly (momtheobscure.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo: Day 12 (beccaaudra.wordpress.com)
- Day 12: Long Week to now… (NaPoWriMo) (irisewithmyredhair.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 12 – Under Dark Night Skies. (wordyrappinghood.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 12 (2voices1song.com)
- Solitary Confinement (decumminspoetry.wordpress.com)