The murky sea,
gobbles up hungrily,
the golden radiant sun..
enveloping in blue-black inkiness,
reining, restraining its brightness,
striving to conquer the aura…
all but in vain.
Comes dawn, emerges again the sun..
As bold, unscathed, as brightly shone..
Bestowing life, its brilliance anew..
Purging away the dark ocean,
Bathing it sparkling blue..
The poem #25 The Sun and Sea (part1) was all about an anger and rage being toned down to a soothing disposition by calmness. This poem is of the view that the darkness , however it may try to eclipse the goodness will never succeed. The good will emerge unhurt, unblemished even from darkest sin.
The foot print on the white sand,
my heel sinks.
The castle I built on the white sand,
its sand again.
The little white crabs,
clambering to meet the wave,
An empty patterned shell,
I wanted for my sill,
Like seething soldiers
the frothy waves tug and pull
and just wipe away..
The inky blue now scares me…
Its time for me to walk away!!
Today nothing really inspired me to write a poem and so I took refuge in the prompt of the day. The prompt at NaPoWriMo 2013 is to write something based on observations during a walk. It is 11:00 p.m of April 13 th in India now and I am going to be very busy the next morning. I could come up with this poem at this hour ….hope it is fitting for the challenge today.
- Day 13: Fresh Saturday (NaPoWriMo) (irisewithmyredhair.wordpress.com)
- Poem Day 12: Honestly (momtheobscure.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo: Day 12 (beccaaudra.wordpress.com)
- Day 12: Long Week to now… (NaPoWriMo) (irisewithmyredhair.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 12 – Under Dark Night Skies. (wordyrappinghood.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 12 (2voices1song.com)
- Solitary Confinement (decumminspoetry.wordpress.com)