Once upon a time there was a little princess. She was the most obedient child her parents could ask for. Her teachers, neighbors, friends all adored her. Then one day she came up with a wish to visit an amusement park. Her doting parents made arrangements for the trip to “Essel World” in Mumbai. She was eagerly waiting for the weekend.
At last, the glorious Sun heralded the beginning of Saturday. The princess’s parents were usually careful about their daughter’s safety and food but they decided to keep their worries aside and really indulge her that day… And what a day it was!
First was the toy train. Sitting there on a slow-moving train with other kids, she was elated and kept waving every time she crossed the spot where parents were waiting to collect their kids. It was a small circular track and the train went around thrice on it. As a grown up it was difficult to imagine the fun, but the faces of children mirrored their joy…
Another similar ride which had small cars and jeeps mounted on a track was the next in order and again she went round and round on the track thrice, thoroughly enjoying the ride!
All kids’ ride happen to have only circular motion and kids tend to ride all similar ones one after another! Now this one had space ships attached to the giant arm which lifted up in air. Round and round and round again….
A traditional Merry-go-round…
The sun blazed but she was all for more rides and fun. She tried her hand at the ” Go-Kart” and found it a bit difficult to maneuver but yet enjoyable…And little respite from the continuous circular motion. Just watching her go round and round made me….the mother of princess go dizzy!
Another car ride….the electric cars. She banged away happily, getting stuck in corner at times and driving well sometimes. She felt all grown up driving a car…
And the day ended with a big bear hug to the hatted guy who displayed a come again sign!
Indulge her, that we did and in the process learned a few things too!
- It’s absolutely satisfying to see the kids smile and laugh….that is what parents aim for any ways.
- Their joy is infectious and you just forget all your worries of the day!
- The child within each adult gets to be free and relish childhood again.
- Money spent doesn’t seem like a wastage!!
So go ahead and indulge yourself through your child. It’s worth it….
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge (ahecticlife.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge (thirdhandart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge (gleniswade.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulgence (3 flamingos, art and evolution) (lovingjazz.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulgence (3 flamingos, art and evolution) (andreadreamin.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Indulge (huntergatherermedia.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge (reflectionsinapuddle.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge (mothergrogan.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)